Beach holidays in Yorkshire
Explore miles of sandy beaches, hidden coves and secluded bays when you discover beach holidays in Yorkshire at Sand le Mere. Located on the East Yorkshire coast, our holiday park is the perfect place for beach lovers.
Our guide to beach holidays in Yorkshire
From exposed stretches of beach just 50 meters wides to long expanses of golden sand, you’ll find a variety of different beaches on the Yorkshire coast. Ideal for lazy evening strolls or bracing walks across the dunes or clifftops, it’s easy to see why this stretch of coastline is so popular. To help you plan your stay with us, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite local beaches that you simply have to visit!
Which beach is best?
- Tunstall beach: Tunstall Beach is right on our doorstep! It is set among low craggy cliffs that are gently eroding, so the sands are ideal for beach-combing, rock-pooling and boulder-scrambling
- Withernsea beach: The traditional holiday resort of Withernsea sports a redesigned and attractive promenade with sandy beaches. The main beach at Withernsea is part of a strip of sand and shingle that runs for miles in both directions. Try sailing and windsurfing here too!
- Filey beach: This long sandy beach set in a wide bay and to the north, Filey Brigg has some good rock pools to explore!
- Bridlington beach: The beach is formed by sand, pebbles and chalk from the nearby Flamborough Headland – a Heritage Coast. The beach is backed by the Bridlington foreshore and town.
- Danes Dyke (Flamborough) Beach: The beach is 3/4 mile in length, backed by cliffs, and located in a bay. It is made up of sand and pebbles with some rock pools, and looks across Bridlington Bay to the south.
There are so many fantastic stretches of sandy to explore when you discover beach holidays in East Yorkshire at Sand le Mere. For more information on all the beaches of the Yorkshire Coast, check out the region’s tourism website here.
Places to visit
Away from the stunning beaches and top family attractions, there’s lots of picturesque towns and villages nearby that are well worth a visit.